Got glitches? Even though glitches can be a source of amusement they can cause problems for normal gameplay. If you have a re-occuring glitch and you know you don’t have a defective game or operating system try these simple tricks. They just might work!
• Make sure your game is compatible with the platform you are using. This is a big one for laptop users!
• Quit the game, take it out, turn off your operating system. Then try and start the game again. Sometimes the game loads improperly for whatever reason.This is also very helpful for when you are using the Boolprop cheats or moveobjects cheat, as these are often the source of problems.
• If you are playing The Sims 3 for PC make sure you download patches and updates when they become available through your Sims Launcher.
• Make sure all of your custom content is downloaded and saved correctly. Whether it’s a mesh or recolor of an existing item makes a difference. In The Sims 3 for PC people have had problems with their Sims becoming black silhouettes from improperly saved custom content clothing, hair, etc.
• Remember that just because the custom content itself is working doesn’t mean that it isn’t the source of glitches.
• Make sure you don’t have hacks or mods that conflict. This is important. This especially happens for pregnancy and aspiration hacks.
• As a last resort re-install your game. You will lose saved Sims, households, etc but if all else has failed it might need to be done.
• If none of these tips worked try to get in touch with other Simmers. A good place to go for help is the official Sims forums for your game version.
• If it’s a glitch stemming from custom content get help where you downloaded it at. If you don’t remember where that is try this site for The Sims 2 and 3: http://www.modthesims.info/ There are tons of good help articles and a forum to ask questions.
• Lastly, don’t forget to get a video or screenshot of your glitches and submit them here before fixing them!
If you’ve got a glitch fixing tip not on the list why not reply and tell us?